MEH LAH KLIK...

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Marriage Approving Mood.

If you read my previous posts (I dont remember which one) you would know I am not a marriage approving person, but I am not totally against marriage either. Just I dont fancy the idea of marriage or being married.

I hate wedding for real, yes. I. Hate. Wedding. Nowadays, wedding is an extravagant event where the couple and sometimes parents spend big chunk of fortune to make it happen. Sometimes, I think big wedding is just an event where the couple seek a public approval for having sex. But of course they want to make it like it is a Big Deal!. Seriously, in 2011 Malaysian, especially Malay folks (well.. I am Malay by federal constitution definition) still joking with childish giggles about first night at the wedding. People have sex, so do cockroaches. So get over it.

Back to marriage.

All of sudden this week I am in marriage approving mood. Soon after I came back from Sandakan, I heard one of us is engaged. And I was wow.. tumpang gembira, clapping in my heart, and spamming facebook with my happy wishing well posts. In short I was sooo approving and supporting without even care with whom, and ditch all those typical doubt and questions.

Yes, what's wrong? I dont know, what I do know is, this 180 degrees turn will makes one of my close allies rolls her eyes, with of course some words, chanting into my eardrum and make me eat my own words.

The keyword here is, sabar. As this mood can be temporary and with one week life span.

Even though I am in marriage approving mood, I still think I am not suitable for this kind of relationship. For once, this week (thankyouverymuch long hour bus ride!) I think I can commit to a long term relationship, with the same person. Just it shall happen without marriage. Yes, I can stand long term relationship, even long distance one (even though this is a gauntlet task to do).

I do enjoy meaningless lunch-date spree with different younger boys. At the same time I always have eyes for the sweetest apple in the barrel and make no effort to cover it up. Now I think I am willing leave all these fun behind and start a first step to a more serious (read: boring) lifestyle.

Boleh kah?

Blow your worry away, I am not that liberal to shack up like what rockstars always did with their playmate girlfriends. Hell no. Kau nak kena sembelih? haha.

Suffice to say, my marriage approving mood can be define as I am supporting a long term relationship with a same person without marriage. Which is in contrast with my usual view, "why commit to one if you can enjoy responsible free lunch dates with younger boys".

p.s: congratulation to virtual jentayu.

9 comments:

lyn_intanazlleyna said...

just shocked to hear u n ur marriage-approval-mood.apapun, its ur decision,i didnt hv anything to say then...maybe i can help u design hantaran segala (maybe)haha

anyway,congratulations to virtual jentayu!(as expected by me n ain)

Jlascanteen said...

I am not getting engaged kah apa...ni kenapa bah mau berhantaran segala ni. I promise you, I remain single for this year kan...

apa cerita ni virtual jentayu, tiba2 mau tau cerita juga. But I am supporting!

lyn_intanazlleyna said...

i alaways hate it when u say "for this year"..haha
(still waiting for virtual jentayu di lab haha)

Jlascanteen said...

bah nanti gossipan. kejap lagi.. huhu. I'll stay single for many years to come. Happy?

lyn_intanazlleyna said...

people said,'dr ko seja baitu' heheh....
wish u luck,always dreaming to wear dat baju-tebal-bulu-kambing....i'l come visiting u

Jentayu said...

hahahahahahaha (terlambat baca) thanks! :)

Jlascanteen said...

bulu kambing apa pula ni? haha.. cheers!

lyn_intanazlleyna said...

haha elehhhhh.....u knoe wat, its seems hard 2 trust u *wink*

Jlascanteen said...

trustable bah. but i do menabur janji janji palsu sometimes.